Handmade silver bangles have gained extreme popularity among women these days. This is because of the fine craftsmanship of handmade jewelry. These are one-of-a-kind pieces that highlight your individual style and the quality is bound to be superb in comparison to those created in factories. However, buyers must beware that not all handmade silver bangles are pure and high-quality.
Here are 10 tips that will help you select the best handmade silver bangles:
- We’ve all gone through that moment when a piece of jewelry breaks and all the stones lie scattered on the floor. Such a situation can be avoided if you check the strength of the wire used to make the bangles/bracelets. This wire is extremely important as it grips all the pieces together.
- Handmade silver bangles also come in the form of stretch jewelry. These are easy-to-wear and ideal for gifting purposes. Check that the stretch cord used must be of good quality.
- The quality of beads is also an important factor to consider. Your handmade piece of jewelry may start to blacken if the stones or beads used are not of good quality. Only choose beads that are made using authentic gemstones, crystals and glass.
- If you are buying the jewelry online, make sure you check the credibility of the website or the online store. The reviews must suggest good quality products.
- When buying bangles with gemstones or diamonds, read all the information provided with the product. The brand must be able to give you certifications or some kind of standard benchmarking for the stones they have used.
- Check the durability of the jump ring. The jump ring is the clasp that helps you close any piece of jewelry. This clasp tends to fall out too soon and its durability or replacement must be checked well in advance.
- The craftsmanship of handmade silver bangles must speak for itself. When you hold the artifact in your hand, it must reflect the skills of the local craftsmen and women who produced it. If that is not obvious, try to pick up another piece.
- Mass-produced fashion jewelry is usually made using inferior materials. However, that is not the case with handmade jewelry. Pay close attention to the high-quality materials that have been used.
- Handmade silver bangles have a culture heritage associated with them. This means that the designs will also have an association with your tastes. Listen to your cultural inclinations so that the design you pick is of your choice and you can use it for a long time.
- Handmade jewelry is an easy way to go green. This is because the materials used are eco-friendly. Check that the handcrafted piece you are going to buy has eco-friendly materials so that what you buy is just the best.
The handmade silver bangles you buy must be authentic like the one at Stories of Silver & Silk and you do not want to lose a lot of money on buying something that is a scam. Follow the tips mentioned above and what you buy will always be genuine.